Saturday, April 11, 2009


I stumbled across this picture today... This is an oil pastel painting that I did back in 2001. I was still in High School at the time and spent months on it. This was the piece of art that I was most proud of. I'm missing it because it no longer exists (long, sad story). I really treasured that piece and a few others that are also gone (let's just say they were "lost to a fire"). I'm just glad that I took a picture of it, and that I will always at least have that. After that painting was destroyed it was literally years before I got up the courage to work on more paintings. It was as if my spirit and confidence had also been taken from me. I was so proud of that painting. Anyway, I just think artwork is priceless and wonderful and I'm glad I'm back into it! :)

0 comments: