Monday, June 7, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 1

"Ivory" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

"Ivory" is my response to Day 1 of Creativity Boot Camp. "Ivory" was the prompt word of Day 1, so I decided to name my painting that as well. If you haven't heard about Creativity Boot Camp, it is a 2-week intensive online course designed to expand your creativity, no matter what your creative outlet is. It began yesterday, but I was unable to fit some painting in, so I started today. I plan on going at my own pace because my life is crazy busy at the moment. I have finals and final projects due within the next two weeks.

After having completed actual boot camp, 7 years ago (for the Air Force) I thought this Creativity Boot Camp would be a piece of cake! The truth is however that pushing yourself in any way, whether it's physically, mentally or creatively, requires hard work. It's going to take a lot of effort and discipline on my part to participate and stretch my creative muscles. But I'm really looking forward continuing this and growing as an artist.

I need to give credit to Mary Carroll for the photograph that she graciously allowed me to use as a reference for this painting. Thank you!

0 comments: