Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 2 - Complete

"Fruit Picnic" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

Fruit Picnic is complete! This is from Day 2 of Creativity Boot Camp. The word prompt was "picnic." I've never painted fruit before (I usually choose flowers) and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. So far I have painted 2 paintings that are very different for me - that is why I am loving Creativity Boot Camp! It's pushing me to try new things and I plan to continue challenging myself. If you are also participating in Boot Camp I would love to hear how it's going for you! And if you haven't heard of it, here is the link so you can get involved too - http://creativebootcamp.blogspot.com/

I really wish that I could "keep up" with the daily assignments, but because I'm a painter I just can't. This painting took me about 3 -3 1/2 hours to complete. That really isn't too bad, but sometimes they take longer (depending on the size). I'm just going to go at a comfortable pace for me because if I feel rushed to get something done, it won't turn out the way I want it to. So, if you're following my paintings for this camp, please have some patience :).

3 comments:

Pink Kiwi Studios said...

You did a fabulous job on your fruit! It jumps out at you.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

This takes serious dedication to complete the assignments. Not just a point & shoot medium. Very nice job. I'll be back to see more. Keep inspired! Tam

Angela said...

Thank you! :)