Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 6

"Fluid" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

The word prompt from day 6 of Creativity Boot Camp was "fluid." I knew that I wanted to paint a cup of tea or coffee for this painting, and I chose a picture from Aiken House and Garden. Thank you Carolyn for allowing me to use your beautiful photograph! We were supposed to challenge ourselves for this one. I don't normally alter photos at all, but I added some things to the painting that were not in the original photograph.

The shadows on the plate, in the photo were so difficult to achieve. If you look at it from a distance, it makes sense and looks good, but it doesn't look that great up close. So, I'm not really happy with this one. But I wanted to share it anyway. I guess they can't all be masterpieces! :)

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think you did a lovely job on the painting!

Thank you for linking me too.

Keep up the good work!!!

Carolyn

Angela said...

Thank you Carolyn!

Country Girl said...

There is a fluidity in the vines trailing around the porcelain, too. It looks exquisite from here.

Angela said...

Thank you Kate!