Thursday, June 24, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 7

"Fly", 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

"Fly" is my response to day 7 of Creativity Boot Camp. You guessed it, the word prompt for the day was "fly." I'm officially half way done now. This is 5 by 7 on pastelbord done with soft pastels and pastel pencils. I think I spent more time sharpening pencils than I did actually painting today. My leads kept breaking and I think my sharpeners are getting dull.

The colors in the background of this photo drew me in. They were much more subtle in the original photograph, but I played them up. I'm very pleased with the way this turned out.

Next is "ornament." I'm not too sure where I'm going to take that one. I better figure it out! :)


1 comments:

Country Girl said...

You sure are right about the colors in the background. They are luscious!