Friday, June 25, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 8

"Ornament" 5 by 7 Pastel Painting

"Ornament" is my painting for day 8 of Creativity Bootcamp (only 5 left!). With the word prompt of the day being "ornament," I wanted to think outside the box and not do a Christmas ornament. I've been wanting to paint this vase for such a long time and this was the perfect opportunity. The colors of this bottle are so beautiful! I had a wonderful time doing this painting, even though it took nearly all day! :)

The original photograph was taken by an incredible photographer, Kate Young. She has graciously allowed me to use her photos as references for paintings. I didn't realize it until today, but this is the 4th photo of hers that I've used for this bootcamp! You have to check out her blog, she's wonderful!

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

I know this little vase well because it still sits in my window just like this and when the sun comes in, it looks exactly like this. You have captured it well, I might add. I think it was a wonderful choice for the word 'ornament'.

And thank you kindly for the link!

Angela said...

Thank you! And you're welcome!! :)

Leslie Redhead said...

This is beautiful! You have captured the light coming through the glass well.

Angela said...

Thank you Leslie!