Friday, July 16, 2010

30 Things You May Not Know About Me

I used to love making these lists, but I have yet to put one on my blog. So, here is my first one:
30 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I have an identical twin sister
2. I served in the United States Air Force, 7 years ago, for a short time.
3. As well as being an artist, I’m a quilter.
4. I’m currently in my 3rd year of college and will graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in law.
5. I have three younger brothers.
6. When I’m not painting, or creating, I’m thinking about painting or creating.
7. Two days a month I have what I call “days of silence” where I do not watch TV, talk on the phone, or listen to music.
8. I paint with every medium.
9. I love flowers so much that I believe God put them here just for me.
10. I’m a bit of a neat freak. My studio has to be clean and organized before I can create.
11. I have to listen to music while I’m painting.
12. My favorite music to play while I’m creating is Christian, or music I would play while doing yoga or meditating.
13. I love doing makeup and styling hair and seriously considered being a beautician.
14. I meditate frequently.
15. I’m getting married next year.
16. I love photography.
17. Mackinac Island, Michigan is one of my favorite places.
18. Even though I paint, quilt and create constantly, I have very little of my own creations around my home (I’m working on changing that!)
19. When it comes to guns, I'm a naturally good shooter.
20. I love to read.
21. I have two tattoos.
22. I hope to have a large flower and vegetable garden someday.
23. I’m very into the Harry Potter books and movies as well as the Twilight books and movies.
24. One of my favorite things to do is go to local greenhouses and take hundreds of photos.
25. I have the two sweetest dogs ever.
26. I’m afraid of the water.
27. I suffer from motion sickness, even when I go for a short ride in the car.
28. At one time I could do more than 50 push-ups in a minute.
29. I consider myself to be a free spirit.
30. Some of my art was purchased for the movie, The Smurfs, that comes out next year.
Well I hope you have gotten to know me a little better, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a great post...It is nice to meet you Angela:0)

Angela said...

Thank you Karen! It's a pleasure meeting you :)

A New England Life said...

That's a great list Angela!

Is your sister as artistic as you? So exciting to be getting married soon! Mackinac Island was just featured in Victoria Magazine. Such a beautiful place!

Wish I had 'days of silence' but being a mom that just isn't happening. LOL! You sound like a very intellectual and interesting person!

Angela said...

Ha-ha! Thanks Sharon!

My sister isn't as artistic as me. She could be, but I guess the creative bug didn't bite her like it did me! Plus, she has a husband and three small children to look after. I don't know when she would find the time! :)

I am excited about getting married, even though it may just consist of a trip to the Courthouse. I just want to be married, and I don't need a big wedding.

I LOVE Mackinac Island! You should go sometime, if you haven't been there already.

Yes, the "days of silence" are tough when you have children and others around all of the time. Maybe try with just a few hours of silence whenever possible! :)