Saturday, July 3, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 13 (final day)

"Sweet Tooth Smile" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

Well this is it! "Sweet Tooth Smile" is my last painting for Creativity Boot Camp. The word prompt of the day was "smile." Rather than do a portrait of someone flashing their pearly whites, I decided to paint something that makes people smile. And I think candy makes everyone smile! These small licorice pieces are so cute, and were so much fun to paint.

This painting is 5 by 7, on pastelbord and was done with soft pastels and pastel pencils.

I had such a great time completing these paintings and I'm sad to see this boot camp end. But it will be nice to get to work on some other projects.

Next I will be doing a post on what I gained from Creativity Boot Camp.

Have a great 4th!


2 comments:

Lisa Daria said...

Oh, these make me smile - they are one of my favorites to eat, but that aside, I like the assembly of this still life - good placement - nice light on the rounded pieces on each end - good shading.

Angela said...

Thank you Lisa! :)