Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flint Institute of Arts Exhibit


I was recently contacted by a manager of the Flint Institute of Arts who was interested in my work, more specifically, my hand painted cigar boxes. He is in charge of booking artists for upcoming exhibits, and thought my painted boxes would be great for an upcoming Cuban exhibit. The title of the exhibit is: Unbroken Ties: Dialogues in Cuban Art. I am so honored and humbled that he would be interested in my cigar boxes, and that I am able to have this incredible opportunity.
He has chosen six boxes from my Etsy shop, and I will do six more custom boxes for the exhibit. This will run from September 12th, 2010 until January 2, 2011 in the Hodge Gallery of the Flint Institute of Arts in Flint, Michigan. I will share more details as I get them.
This is actually the 2nd time that my hand painted cigar boxes have been purchased for a big event. Some of my cigar boxes were purchased by Columbia Pictures earlier this year to be used as part of the set of a major motion film. This movie will hit the theatres next year. I will also share more details about this as the movie release gets closer.
When I first started painting these boxes, I never could have dreamed that these wonderful opportunities would have been presented to me and I couldn't be more appreciative.

2 comments:

A New England Life said...

How awesome is that, Angela! Talk about exciting! Keep up the good work!!!

Angela said...

Thank you! :)