Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fresh Fruit

"Fresh Fruit" 8 by 10, Pastel Painting
SOLD

I started painting "Fresh Fruit" two days ago. I wanted to try a painting a little larger than what I've been doing lately. So I pulled out one of my 8 by 10 pastelbords and got to work on this still life. I soon learned that I really prefer to work small, at least with still lives. But this painting was a lot of fun to complete. I particularly enjoyed capturing the fresh, bold color of the fruit.

This painting is listed in my Etsy shop and can be purchased here.


5 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely composition and colors...

AK said...

Angela, Your colors are really awesome. Does not look like pastel at all! Brilliant.

Angela said...

Thank you Karen, and AK for your kind words! :)

Krista Hasson said...

Very nice, great color and your fruit looks good enough to eat :)

Nicola Moir said...

Delicious super realism. Plus an interesting effect with using pastels.