Monday, July 19, 2010

Shell on the Shore

"Shell on the Shore" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting
This is available for purchase here

I completed "Shell on the Shore" this afternoon. Once again it was done on Ampersand Pastelbord and was completed with soft pastels and pastel pencils. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to try a new pastel surface eventually because I have many different kinds, but I keep going for the same one. What can I say, I love pastelbord!!

I had such a great time working on this painting today. This is my first sea shell, but I love painting sea shores and the water. I think this is because I grew up in northern Michigan, just a few miles from the Great Lakes. I never appreciated the water, sunrises and sunsets like I should have. But I will keep on painting them!


1 comments:

David Larson Evans said...

My favorite on this page, crisp and clear.