Friday, August 6, 2010

Sunset Beach

"Sunset Beach" 11 by 14, Pastel Painting

"Sunset Beach" is the 2nd painting that I painted for my living room. It will hang along side my "Sunset Pier" painting. I think they are a great match! :) Usually I feel guilty about painting for myself, but I didn't when I was completing these 2 paintings. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now.

I completed this painting with a combination of Mount Vision and Sennelier soft pastels (no pencils). It's different going from smaller more realistic paintings, to these. But I love being loose with my strokes, and I just love these water/sky paintings. To me, a sunset is one of the most beautiful natural wonders.

This is probably going to be the last painting that I put up for a while. My brother and sister are coming to visit in less than a week, and I have a lot to do in preparation for their visit. I will also be unable to paint while they are here. I'm missing it already! :)

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Janice said...

This is a beautiful painting Angela! I love the pink! Have a wonderful visit with your family and I will be looking forward to seeing your next painting soon...

AK said...

The colors in this painting are a dream.

Barb Sailor said...

Angela...this is a beautiful pastel painting- I love it!

D.D said...

Angela, it's Amazing. You have captured the sky beautifully. Have a wonderful weekend.

Angela said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! Your encouragement makes me want to keep on painting!! :)