Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunset Pier - Complete

"Sunset Pier" 11 by 14, Pastel Painting

Well here is the completed painting! I didn't have to add too much today. I just darkened some of the darks and added a little more color to the water. I decided on the name "Sunset Pier" - I think it fits pretty well :). I wasn't sure I was even going to include the pier in the painting, but I'm glad I did.

Now I have to begin the second one. It will be similar to this one, as they will eventually be hung up together in my living room. It feels really nice just to paint for me for a change! :)

4 comments:

Anita Meade said...

It is so beautiful Angela. Very dream-like. Well done.

Karen said...

This is just lovely Angela...

D.D said...

Beautiful. You have captured the sand & waves nicely. Congrats.

Angela said...

Thank you all! :)