Sunday, August 1, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons

"When Life Gives You Lemons" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! I don't know where that saying came from, but I like it, and I was thinking about it as I was painting these lemons today. This was such a fun little still life to paint. It's on Ampersand Pastelbord, and was completed with pastel pencils.
I'm not quite sure if I want to sell this painting, or keep it for myself :). If I decide to keep the original, I will make prints available in my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Angela what a cheerful painting. I love that punch of red! This is a lovely...very well done!!!

AK said...

This is brilliant. Just does not look like pastels. Nice and bright and so realistic.

D.D said...

You have done this painting beautifully. I love the way you have used the bright colours. If you are confused whether to sell this painting or not my suggestion will be not to sell the orginal painting instead of that you can sell the high quality print out of this painting.

Angela said...

Thank you all for your very kind words! I have decided to keep the painting for myself. It kind of goes with the "Fruit Tea" painting I did a few weeks ago, which I also decided to keep for myself. I'm going to frame them and hang them in my studio today. :)