Friday, October 15, 2010

Custom Flower Portraits in Pastel

I'm starting a new venture, flower portrait commissions. That's right, flower portraits! I've always loved painting flowers and I would like to start painting them for others. I have received several commissions for cigar boxes hand painted with flowers, but this is more of a fine art approach.

What woman doesn't have a favorite flower? Imagine having a painting done of your mother's favorite flower and giving it to her for a gift. Instead of buying real flowers that will only last a few days, give the gift of a flower painting that will last forever.



Maybe you went on vacation to an exotic place and took some pictures of some flowers. You could create a memory of that trip with a painting of those flowers. Or perhaps you planted some flowers in memory of someone (roses for instance). How about creating a permanent memorial in a painting of those roses? Or maybe you just love flowers as much as I do, and your home could use a splash of color. Whatever the case, I would love to paint some flowers for you!



Now for some specifics - I can use photographs that you have taken as references, or you could simply tell me the type of flower that you would like and I can use my own references. As far as composition goes, I would like to keep the painting to one or two blossoms. Anymore than that, and the detail will be lost.



You can be as involved in the process as you would like. If you would like to see updates on the piece, or an original composition idea, that is completely fine. And if you'd just like me to use my own ideas and creativity, that is fine as well.



Your flower will be painted in pastel on acid free and archival paper or board with the finest quality pastels. Pastels on archival surfaces and papers will hold their color for centuries without fading, cracking or yellowing as other mediums do.


To purchase you can either view my Etsy page, or you can contact me personally via e-mail (angela292@hotmail.com).



Prices:



5 by 7 Flower Portrait - $ 75 ($30 non refundable deposit is required, unless purchased through Etsy)



8 by 10 Flower Portrait - $100 ($40 non refundable deposit is required, unless purchased through Etsy)



I will ask for 2 weeks to complete your painting.



You are certainly not obligated to purchase the final painting, if you are unhappy with it (less the deposit).



I also offer custom pet portraits. If you're interested click here to learn more.





"Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of their character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning." ~Lydia M. Child

0 comments: