Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Single Cherry

"Single Cherry" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

This simple little study was done in an effort to test out a new paper. The painting surface is Wallis. If you're a pastelist, you are familiar with that name for sure. I purchased a few pads of Wallis paper several months ago and never even tried it. After feeling it (it's very sandy and gritty), I thought there was no way I could achieve any kind of detail on it, but I was wrong. This paper is really a dream to paint on. I'm going to begin another painting on it today (something with a little more detail) and we'll see how it goes. :)

3 comments:

Markun taideblogi said...

Mahtavan hieno maalaus kolmella värillä. Pidän siitä hyvin paljon.
Taiteellista jatkoa.
Markku Mäkelä

SUSAN RODEN said...

Very nice Angela.
And did you know that if you aren't happy with what you paint you can wash off the pastels? There's silver oxide which retains the grit - or so I was told.
I still prefer La Carte Pastel.

Ralph said...

Came across your blog by shear chance but I love what I am seeing here so if it is ok with you I will follow.