Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Best Friend

"My Best Friend" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting
This Golden Retriever was so much fun to paint. I have never painted a dog before so I was scared to even attempt it. But I think it turned out pretty well. It's really pretty silly that I'm afraid to paint animals because I'm a big animal lover. I have two dogs who I treat like they were my children. I love, love, love animals. So, I think I might start painting more of them.
This dog is painted on pastelbord, with pastel pencils and pastel sticks.

4 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

wow very life like!!!!

Dabblerteer said...

Beautifully done. You've captured so much of the Golden Retriever's personality: warmth, wisdom, playfulness, and just a hint of mischief.

Karen said...

Angela, Animal portraits may be your niche.....Great job

Angela said...

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying these pet portraits! :)