Monday, November 8, 2010

Portrait of Madisynne

Madisynne

Well, I'm quite embarrassed to even post this, but I thought I would anyway. In school I was never any good at portraits and I haven't even tried one in probably 10 years. Since I have been exploring other subjects, like animals for the first time, I thought I would also try a portrait. This is my 4 year old niece, Madisynne. It didn't turn out very well, and I'm not sure that I will be painting more portraits in the future. I've never really had the desire to be able to paint faces, so I don't know if this is something that I will work on to get better, or not. I suppose it would be nice to be able to paint one once in a while, if I wanted to. But why do they have to be so difficult? :)

Anyway, I painted her on pastelbord with pastel pencils.

Have a great Monday!

0 comments: