Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Red Apple

"Red Apple" 5 by 7, Acrylic Painting

My 150th post! Wow! I've been blogging a lot more the past 6 months than ever before, and I'm loving it! :)

I know what you're thinking, "Acrylic, really?" I was in the mood for painting with a brush this morning, so I brought out a set of acrylics that I've never used before. I've never painted in acrylic before, other than on cigar boxes. It was a lot of fun to be expressive through my brushstrokes and not have to worry about it being perfect. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. :)

I've been a little disappointed by what I've been hearing from other artist's lately. The most common thing I hear from them is, "You need to stick to 1 medium only." I've heard this from a few artists that I greatly admire, and for the most part I have done just that. But you know what... there are no rules when it comes to creativity. In fact it's somewhat limiting to stick to one medium if you want to experiment in others. So, that's what I'm going to do.

"Red Apple" is about 5 by 7 with a 3/4 inch white border all the way around. It was completed with acrylic paint on 195lb paper.

Have a nice day!

0 comments: