Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Summer Pond

"Summer Pond" 8 by 10, Pastel Painting

I have been working the past 3 days on this little painting. When I first came across the photograph I said, "This is going to be fun," with all those variations of color and detail. And it was a lot of fun. I was unsure of how it was going to turn out, but I'm pretty happy with it. I've never spent so much time on a painting, and I've never painted something that's so "busy." But I loved painting the reflections in the water and all the different shades of green in the lily pads.

The size is 8 by 10, and it was done on pastelbord with pastel pencils.

Have a great day!

"Like a snowflake we are the beauty of one." -Kathleen Arnason

3 comments:

Gumnut said...

Ooh, I love the water in this. Waterlillies are so addictive, aren't they?

Lovely greens and you nailed the perspective really well.

And you are a very fast painter!

Thanks for sharing.

Nutty
(still in her pyjamas)

D.D said...

Hi Angela, you have done a great job capturing the “summer pond”.

Angela said...

Nutty, thank you! I can usually complete a painting in about 4-7 hours, so it's not difficult to complete one every day or every other day. :)

D.D., thank you so much! :)