Saturday, December 11, 2010

Apple & Pears

"Apple & Pears" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

I set up my very first still life today and painted from it. I can't tell you how much the thought of painting a still life (not from a photograph) has intimidated me. But as I become a little more comfortable with my paintings, I'm willing to challenge myself more. I bought this fruit the other day, just for painting. I can see a few things that I wish I would have done differently, but overall I'm happy with it. And most importantly... it was fun! I can certainly see a lot of possibilities coming out of this! It would definitely be nice not to have to be restricted to using photographs all the time.

Well, I hope where ever you are today that you're warm! We're under another winter storm warning, and I think we've gotten 1 1/2 to 2 feet of snow already. I haven't stepped foot outside and I don't plan to. It's nice to have days like this once in a while. :)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

very attractive colors here and in the other work!

Marie Young (Young Creative) said...

Angela, Your first still-life turned out fabulously. I love the way your paintings seem so filled with light. You capture "life" in a way not many people can do.

Heidi Malott said...

Hi Angela,
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving the kind comment. I enjoyed scrolling through your beautiful work. Your love and joy for art is evident and inspiring. I agree with the other commenters you capture light very well and what a great first still life. Keep it up!
Yours in Art,
Heidi

Angela said...

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!