Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Apples & Limes

Apples & Limes, 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

I set up another little still life today. I had a little fun and put one of the limes on top of the apple. I thought setting up my own still lives was going to work out really well, but I'm not so sure. I think I prefer working from photographs. Maybe I'll experiment with setting up the still lives, and photographing them.

This painting was done on pastelbord, and completed with Mount Vision pastels, and a few Carbothello pastel pencils.

Just a little other news, I have been juried into Contemporary Fine Art International, and am now a member. Along with that, I will now be contributing to the Daily Painters of Wisconsin blog as well as the Pastel Artists International blog. So, I'm excited to become a part of this great art community. :)

I hope you have a lovely afternoon.

0 comments: