Sunday, December 26, 2010

Art Goals for 2011

"A Day Away" 9 by 12, Pastel Painting
NFS

Art Goals for 2011

1. Paint at least 4 times a week (I'd like to be able to dedicate more time but I'm also a full time college student).

2. Keep the computer off while I'm working, or if it's on, let it be for listening to music only.

3. Paint what I want, not what I think others will like.

4. Try to nail down a few subjects that I really enjoy and can improve on.

5. Dedicate a lot of time to painting animals.

6. Overall spend less time on the computer and more time painting.

7. Paint some larger paintings.

8. Dedicate more time to drawing.

9. Experiment with watercolor underpaintings for landscapes and skies (in pastel).

10. Participate in monthly painting challenges.

11. Blog more often (at least 4 times a week).

12. Complete some larger paintings for the gallery.

13. Complete at least 150 paintings this year (this past year I completed approximately 75).

14. Start doing a "painting-of-the-month." (A larger more detailed piece)

15. Continue studying painting books and generally keep myself educated in anything art related.

16. Participate in at least 1 painting competition.

17. Spend more time painting with watercolor.

So there it is. I sort of feel that the list isn't complete, so I may add to it. I hope in publishing my list of goals it will help to keep me focused on them. I'd love to hear any art goals you have for the new year! :)

"A Day Away" is one of the first pastel paintings I ever did and it was completed in February of this year. It's nice to compare my earlier works to my more recent ones and see how I have improved.

I hope you all had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Mark Granlund said...

Nice goals. I like your goal about keeping the computer turned off. They seem ambitious! Good luck in 2011.

Anonymous said...

You have certainly put alot of thought into what you want to achieve this year and I think that is admirable. I am also a self taught artist with pretty much the same goals as you have. I wasn't able to pursue my dream until now that I am much older and have the time and place to work. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will keep posting your work on facebook so we can cheer you on.
Tim Martin

Angela said...

Thank you for your comments :)