Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lucky

"Lucky" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

"Lucky" is my latest painting. With the holidays literally around the corner, I wanted to make sure I fit in some painting today. I've been waiting to paint this dog and tried it on this new board. Well, it's Ampersand Pastelbord, but it's in the color "sand" which I have never used before. I ordered it by mistake but thought it would make a great neutral background for pet portraits. I think I was right. I like the way it turned out.

I tried to be a little more loose and expressive with this portrait. I used mostly pastel sticks and pencils just for small details. I also painted standing up again, and I'm really enjoying that. The only problem I have with standing up and painting is that I tend to dance to the music I have playing while trying to paint. :) On the up side, I'm burning calories!

I probably won't be painting the next couple days, but I will be posting my list of goals for 2011.

I hope you all have a very happy holiday!!


3 comments:

D.D said...

Great composition.

Wish you & your family a very Happy Christmas.

Karen said...

Angela, You paint animal very well...Happy 2011

Angela said...

Thank you both! :)