Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bleeding Hearts

"Bleeding Hearts" 5 by 7, Watercolor Painting

Here is a piece that I have been working on the past few days. I'm beginning to get a better feel for these watercolors. This photograph drew me in because of the strong highlights on the flowers. I actually took this photograph along with the tulip photos that I've been painting lately, on the same day at a local park.

This painting was completed on 140lb cold press with Winsor & Newton watercolors and it's available in my Etsy shop.

Just a little side note, Laura Trevey featured me on her very popular Bright, Bold and Beautiful blog yesterday. Click here to view the post. Thank you Laura for your kind words! :)

Don't forget about the "Painting a Day" event that Laura Trevey is hosting on her blog this month. Just a few days left!

0 comments: