Monday, January 3, 2011

January Snow

"January Snow" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

Here's my first painting of the year! I decided to start the month with a painting for the Artists Helping Artists monthly challenge. One of my goals for this year is to participate in monthly painting challenges. Next I will be working on one for the Contemporary Fine Art International website.

My uncle was very kind in letting me use his photograph to paint from. He is an award winning photographer and you can view his work here.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

jyothisethu said...

beautiful way to start the year...
congratulations...
....and
all the best for the entire year...

D.D said...

Hi Angela, It's really nice to see you starting the year with such a beautiful painting. I have gone through the reference photograph. You have depicted it very nicely. Congrats!!

Karen said...

A lovely painting Angela and your Uncle does fantastic photos...

Ms. Cheryl said...

Hi! Your link caught my eye on Laura Trevey's daily painting challenge. I am also starting my new year trying to do a painting a day but I am finding myself too busy to accomplish this. I hope to see more of your art this year. You can visit me at mscherylsart. Maybe you can give me some pointers on painting animals. Keep on painting! Cheryl

Angela said...

Thank you so much everyone!