Monday, January 24, 2011

Peppers

"Peppers" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting
I'm back to pastel today. This lovely woman on Flickr, Nancy Rose, has given me permission to use her photographs as references for my paintings, and this one called out to me. I was attracted to the bold colors and soft curves of the peppers.
This painting was done on pastelbord with pastel pencils. The colors are more fresh and bold in person, than they appear in the photo.
Don't forget about the "Painting a Day" event that Laura Trevey is hosting on her blog this month. Here is the link.

4 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE this one and all the bright color!

California Girl said...

Hello, found you via Laura's blog.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is the work of another artist?

Either way, the colors are yummy. Makes me want to pick up peppers on my way home.

California Girl said...

Okay, never mind my first comment. The woman in question is a photographer.

I would love to see your work next to hers as a comparison.

Angela said...

Thank you ladies!