Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Red Petals

"Red Petals" 5 by 7, Watercolor Painting
I am having a lot of fun with my watercolors. My previous watercolor, (Shades of Pink), took about three times as long as it should have because I had a difficult time keeping my paper wet. My studio is in the warmest room of my home and it's very dry. I would wet a small area of my paper and by the time I reached for my paint, the paper was already starting to dry. It was ridiculous. So, I decided to take my watercolors out to my old studio (the sunroom of my home). I have a big drafting table out there and it wasn't as dry.
I thought you might like to see a photo of my set up today. I know that I'm always curious about other artists work space.

Here you see everything I needed to complete this little watercolor painting. I actually really enjoyed painting there today, with all the natural light coming in. The only downfall is that it's Winter and it's much colder out there.

This painting is available for purchase in my Etsy shop.
Also, Laura Trevey is hosting a "Painting a Day" this month and allowing us to post recent works on her blog. Click here for more information.

2 comments:

graziano tessarolo said...

Wonderful!!!
Ciao
Graziano

jyothisethu said...

rodica,

this is a very beautiful work the style of which captures any beholder...

congratulations...