Thursday, February 3, 2011

Calla Lily

"Calla Lily" 2 1/2 by 3 1/2, Watercolor Painting

I'm having way too much fun with these little watercolor paintings. The scanner doesn't seem to be doing the best job at obtaining a good image of the painting though. It's so much cuter in person. I can't want to get these framed. I have these white 8 by 10 mat boards with a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 opening and these little paintings look so nice with them. I've always liked the look of a bigger mat with a small painting.

Anyway, this calla lily was a joy to paint. I have never painted a white flower before, so the shadows made me a bit nervous. However, took out some of my "cobalt's" and mixed just the right colors. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and I will definitely be painting a calla lily in a larger size in the future.

This little painting will be available at the Stillwater Art Guild Gallery in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

It's gorgeous! Clean, vibrant,full of life. the way a lily should look!
Very nice!

Angela said...

Thank you so much Katherine!! :)