Friday, February 4, 2011

Magnolia Blossom

"Magnolia Blossom" 2 1/2 by 3 1/2, Watercolor Painting

Today's painting is this little magnolia blossom. Those shadows just drew me in. I'm a little disappointed because these mini paintings don't seem to be scanning very well. They look so much better in person. In fact that's something to always keep in mind with art that you see online; it will always look better in person.

This little magnolia painting is reserved for the gallery.

I hope you have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

It looks gorgeous! But I know how you feel about the scanner. And sometimes certain colors don't come out the same on the screen. It's beautiful.

Paula Ann Ford said...

I agree with Katherine... it's gorgeous!!

Angela said...

Thank you Katherine & Paula!! :)

Karen said...

Angela, You really capture the sunlit areas well, lovely work. I have the same problems with getting my colors right for a post, my oranges and blues can look very washed out. Very frustrating
Keep up the great work, I do not always comment, but enjoy looking at your work...Karen