Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Red & White Tulip

"Red & White Tulip" 2 1/2 by 3 1/2, Watercolor Painting
This little mini painting is part of a small series that I'm doing for the gallery. I plan to do 4 or 5 of these along with 4 or 5 larger pieces. I've actually never painted this small before so it was a bit of a challenge, but it was fun! I have some 8 x 10 mat boards cut to 2 1/2 by 3 1/2, so I thought doing some mini's and framing them would be a cute idea. Plus, painting smaller means having to charge less and I think it's important to have a range for people to choose from.
I have so many different projects that I need to start working on. I have these new pieces I need to work on for the gallery, we're having a "For The Birds" event at the gallery next month and I need to paint a few pieces for that, Randy Higbee is having another 6 x 6 inch show and I'd like to submit a few pieces, plus painting challenge pieces for the month. Yikes! I better get busy!
A little side note, Paula Ford posted an interview that she did with me on her blog yesterday. If you're interested, click here to read it. Thanks Paula! :)

4 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Angela, it's exquisite! I love it!

Angela said...

Thank you!

Sandy Byers said...

This is a stunning little piece! It speaks volumes for such a small piece.

Angela said...

Thank you Sandy! :)