Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Blanket

I recently finished up my college classes (and am now on break for a couple weeks) and got right to work on a few quilts I had to make. The first was a holiday table runner (a surprise gift for a friend) and the second was this cute baby blanket. A couple that my husband knows is about to have their first baby and I thought I would make them a blanket. They didn't find out the gender of the baby so I had to make it neutral.


The first quilt I ever made, I made about 2 years ago, and I actually haven't made one since. It's quite difficult to quilt on my sewing machine once the piece gets large, but a friend clued me in on "tying" and I love it. It's great because I used a poly-cotton blend batting and after tying the blanket is so soft. If it was tightly quilted it would be stiff. So anyway, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and I've decided to make some for Etsy (in fact I've already made another one and which I will be sewing binding on this evening).


So, just another item that I will be adding to my Etsy shop. Look out for them! :)

0 comments: