Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Quilting Machine

So, I've been talking recently about a huge investment that I've made in my business... Well, here it is! I've bought a long arm quilting machine. I'm so super excited about getting it but nervous as well. And I say "nervous" because I could have bought a small car for the amount of money I paid for this thing! Yikes!
It's a Tin Lizzie 18, and I purchased the 10 foot wooden frame seen in the picture. It's being delivered tomorrow and it will be going out in my sunroom. It's just the perfect place for it and I'm excited to try it out. The men delivering it are even going to give me a training session so I won't have to worry about figuring that all out on my own.


The purpose of purchasing this machine is first and foremost so I can branch out and quilt larger items. Every table runner and baby blanket I've made has been quilted on my sewing machine. And that works just fine for small projects but makes quilting a larger blanket next to impossible. I also plan to offer quilting services once I become proficient enough. I don't imagine it will take long since I have been quilting on my sewing machine and understand the concept. I plan to offer long arm quilting through my Etsy page and perhaps even through the gallery who represents me (The Stillwater Art Guild Gallery), as I have some quilted items there.


I'm discovering that growth is so scary and exciting at the same time. But I think I'm more excited and optimistic that I can really create something.


On a side note, I recently marked some paintings down on Etsy to $1!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with them, I'm just trying to make room for new work.


Hope you're having a great week!

0 comments: