Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Giving Back

"Bleeding Hearts"

In an effort to give back I will now be offering a "charitable item-of-the-month." I will choose one item from my shop (most likely an original painting or quilt) each month and offer to donate 100% of the sale to a selected charity.


Some of the charities that I have selected are: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, American Red Cross, Wounded Warrior Project, Feeding American, ASPCA, UNICEF, Susan G. Komen and the American Cancer Society.


I have been trying to figure out how I can make a difference with my art and this is what I have come up with. I think the reason we're here is to not only help ourselves but others as well. We can all be a blessing to someone else, in some way.


Tomorrow I will choose my item for the month of February.

3 comments:

Cheryl Mellema said...

Angela I think this is a wonderful idea, in fact I am trying to do something similar (but on a smaller scale at the moment). I look forward to seeing more of your blog this year. Good Luck1

Angela said...

Thank you Cheryl. I think it’s great that you’re going to be giving back as well. Imagine the difference we could all make, even if we only gave a little bit.

AK said...

Great painting great purpose. Keep going.