Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Zoom Lens

I was trying out my new zoom lens for my Canon camera today. I've been noticing just how many birds we have around our area and this past weekend my husband and I created a bit of a bird haven in our backyard. We set up different bird feeders including a hummingbird feeder and a bird bath. These are a few of the photos that I got today.
 I have no idea what kind of bird this is.
 This Robin was just trotting around the yard before finding a worm.
 I love the bright yellow color of this Gold Finch. He's so pretty.
 And rather silly too! He hung out here a while before making it onto the feeder.
I think this hummingbird was a bit confused. The hummingbird feeder we set up is close to our deck, but it didn't stop her from trying.

I've always had a love of birds, I'm not entirely sure why. I suppose it could be a combination of their beautiful colors and sounds. I've been wanting to build up my reference library and even start doing some wildlife in watercolor. I've been overwhelmed with custom quilt orders, but I'm going to make an effort to make more time for painting. The only paintings I've done this year are 4 custom pet portraits, and I miss it terribly.

0 comments: