Tuesday, December 18, 2012

News

 
Hi all!! It's been a couple months since my last post but I have great news... I've completed my internship and I graduate on Friday! It's absolutely unbelievable how busy I've been and I'm looking forward to having a little time off.
 
 A unique opportunity presented itself a couple weeks ago. A publisher from Pearson Education in Brazil has requested permission to publish my "Fresh Fruit" painting (above) in an elementary school textbook. Of course I said, "yes!"
 
I hope you're having a great week! It's wonderful to be back! :)

4 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

That's great! How did the publisher discover your painting? The children will be mesmerized by the vibrancy and boldness of this painting. I hope their teachers draw attention to the excellent composition and value contrast and the use of colors so effectively!

Angela said...



Thanks Katherine! I'm not sure how she found my painting. I don't even have it on my website, but I do have it on Facebook, Flickr and on my blog. I can't wait to get a copy so I can see how it's referenced in the book. :)

AK said...

Congratulations. And the fruits really look fresh.

Angela said...

Thanks very much! :)