Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Favorite Vegetable Soup

I have been making this soup more often since I decided to transition to vegan. I was searching for vegetable soup recipes and couldn't find one that I thought I would like, so I just took some ingredients that I knew I liked and created my own. It's gluten free, vegan and so good for you! These are the ingredients:
 
4 medium organic celery sticks, chopped
1/2 medium head of organic cabbage, chopped
15-20 medium organic carrots, peeled and chopped
2  medium organic garlic cloves, minced
2 cans of organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth
4 cups filtered water (more or less depending on how much you need)
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Simply put all these ingredients into a pot (or slow cooker) over medium heat until it boils and then turn it down to low for a couple hours.
 
Of course you don't have to use organic ingredients but I prefer to whenever possible.
 
Just a little tip - I don't care for celery raw, so I'll purchase a package and instead of throwing out what I don't use, I'll chop up the remaining stalks and freeze them for the next time I make soup. :)
 
Definitely give this soup a try! 

0 comments: