Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back in Bloom

"Back in Bloom" Original Watercolor, 5 by 7
 
If you can even believe it, I've finished a new watercolor painting! I started it about a week ago, and forgot to post a WIP photos. I thought I would ease back into painting slowly with a small piece (5 by 7) and with a subject that I'm comfortable with (flowers of course). I had so much fun working on this, even though I was slightly worried that it would be a disaster and that all my painting skills have gone out the window. I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out though. The pencil lines are a little dark though, and because of the fixative I used, I couldn't erase them. Oh well, now I know for next time. :)
 
This painting is available on Etsy if anyone is interested.
 
I hope you all had a great weekend!

0 comments: