Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Scripture Paintings

 "Fruit of the Spirit"
"Psalm 139:14"
 
I know there is nothing complicated at all about these scripture paintings, but I'm having a lot of fun with them. Doing the lettering, and masking it out is incredibly tedious, but I'm loving the outcome. "Fruit of the Spirit" is 12 by 16, and "Psalm 139:14" is 11 by 14. I want to do some even larger.
 
I was inspired to do these paintings from a love of wood signs done in a similar style. I was looking into making my own signs (which I still may do at some point) but got the idea to do paintings instead. I just love them. And they look spectacular framed. So, they can be more of an elegant addition to home decor, compared to a wood sign. It just all depends on what style you like.
 
Here's an example of one I framed for myself:
 

Anyway, I have prints available of all 3 of these paintings, and I will list some originals soon. I may even take some custom orders.
 
Hope you're having a great week!


0 comments: