Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tulip in White

"Tulip in White" 5 by 7, Watercolor Painting




I actually completed a new painting! It's been 2 months, I can't even believe it. If I hadn't gotten married I would say that going 2 months without painting is unacceptable. :) At least I had a good reason.



Anyway, I'll admit I felt a little rusty with this piece, but I enjoyed it. Getting the shade of those shadows was a challenge. I also used a piece of 140lb watercolor paper that had been stretched on a piece of gatorboard for several weeks and I had some issues with it. I used Winsor & Newton paints on this piece and the size is 5 x 7.



If anyone is interested, this painting is available in my Etsy shop for $50 plus free shipping.



It's good to be back! I've missed you all! :)

0 comments: