Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Custom Project


 
Here's a look at another custom project I recently completed. A couple months ago a customer sent me a box of her late husbands ties (almost 50 of them) and wanted me to create a few mini memory quilts. I decide to make "crazy" style blocks in order to incorporate many of the ties in a fun way. All together I made 4 of these mini quilts. I made 3 like you see in the first photo and the quilt in the second photo was made using all Christmas themed ties and will be a holiday wall hanging. Two of these were a gift for her childen on Valentine's Day (her husband's birthday).
 
I had never worked with ties before so this was a new experience. I really enjoyed being able to create this lasting memory for her. I hope the quilts are something she and her children will treasure for a long time.
 
For the first time in over 6 months I'm all caught up on custom quilt orders! I feel quite free. So now I'm working on getting caught up on about 50 made-to-order baby quilt listings in my Etsy shop. Whew.. the work never ends! :) But I'm really enjoying having all this time to quilt (and hopefully paint soon) before school starts again in May!

0 comments: