Thursday, February 7, 2013

Textile Show

 I was asked last minute to submit some quilted items to a textile show happening at the Stillwater Art Guild Gallery this month and next. Luckily I had just made 35 rice bags, and I took a few things off Etsy in order to have them in the show.
 
Here are some of the rice bags I made. I used a variety of different fabrics. When I was there setting up I couldn't believe how many people didn't know what a "rice bag" was! I've been using them ever since I was little. I love to use them if I have a headache, but mostly to toss in my bed at night.

 The photo quilt on the wall is the first photo quilt I ever made (using my own pictures). Obviously it's not for sale but I thought it would look nice there.
 
I definitely wanted to include some baby rag quilts. I only had a couple already made and I hated to take them off Etsy, but I didn't have enough time to make new ones.
 
If you live in the Stillwater area be sure to check out the show! There are all kinds of different items and it's really something to see! We're going to be having a reception but I'm not entirely sure on the date of that yet. I'll let you know when I know!
 
Hope you're having a great week!

0 comments: