Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie Recipe

I can't take credit for this super yummy recipe as I obtained it from Tara Stiles. I have tweaked it a bit though.
 
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie:
 
2 cups of organic frozen strawberries (you can use fresh but then you need to include some ice cubes)
1 cup organic raw cashews
1/4 cup organic oats
2 cups of almond milk
1/4 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
 
You can tweak these amounts to suit your taste. Put all these ingredients in a blender (I use and recommend a Vitamix) and blend away!
 
Keep in mind that this smoothie, although healthy, contains just over 1000 calories, so you might want to split it with someone.
 
You can also try it with raspberries or blueberries!
 
What I love about this smoothie is that it's gluten free (assuming you use gluten free oats) and vegan!
 
It's super delicious so give it a try!
 
 


2 comments:

Paula Ann Ford said...

SO yummmy!!!

Angela said...

It is! I hope you try it!