Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembrance III

"Remembrance III" Pastel Painting, Size 5 by 7
 
Starting with the 10th anniversary of 9 -11, I have completed a "Remembrance" painting each year. I barely made it, but I was able to complete another one this year. I don't know about you, but the anniversary of 9 -11 is always a somber day for me. I can't help but go back to where I was when I heard the news (in my senior year of high school, in advanced biology class). My heart also aches for all of those who lost loved ones, or even survived the attack. I couldn't help but notice how little news coverage is being given to the ceremonies today. The more time that goes by, the less people seem to reflect on that day that changed our country in such a significant way. They will all be in my prayers today.


4 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Thank you for the beautiful remembrance. I do remember that day so clearly, every detail. And I remember the days following, when our country really pulled together and patriotism abounded. We need to remember that spirit of support and togetherness. Beautiful painting!

Angela said...

Thank you for your kind comment Katherine! I also remember the days following, and you're right, our country displayed such strength and courage during that time. I never felt so proud to be an American. :)

Debby said...

What a beautiful painting and tribute to all those whose lives were forever changed on 9-11.

Angela said...

Thank you very much Debby. :)