Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Shack


I read this book yesterday (yes in 1 day, because I couldn't put it down) called "The Shack," by William Paul Young. I know it's a very popular book and it's been out for a couple of years, but I just learned of it recently. It was given to me by my Grandmother, who was sure that I had already read it. She told me that it was fiction, and I hesitated on taking it, because I haven't been reading any fiction books lately. Well, after reading "The Science of Getting Rich," by Wallace Wattles, "No Matter What" by Lisa Nichols, "The Passion Test" by Janet and Chris Attwood and "Happy For No Reason" by Marci Shimoff, I yearned for a break from non-fiction (although all those books were terrific). So anyway, I decided to read "The Shack" as my fiction book.

You probably know the plot already.. a man loses his daughter.. she was kidnapped and murdered in this cabin out in the middle of no where. Four years later he gets a letter in the mail inviting him back to that cabin, from God. I don't want to give too much away, if you haven't read it. I just wanted to say that it's an absolute must read book!! If you're a believer, you'll just love it, and if you're not I think it will change your life.

I'm so grateful to my Grandma for giving me this book. It's one that I will treasure, and read again and again. I can say that my life with God is forever changed thanks to this book. It's that good! :)

0 comments: