Monday, February 8, 2010

Art Spectrum Colourfix Primer

I recently discovered this amazing product, Art Spectrum Colourfix Primer. I am fairly new to soft pastels (transitioning from watercolor) and I have been using Colourfix pastel paper a lot. I really like how pastel applies to the paper and the fact that you can layer a lot of pastels. When I found the Colourfix Primer, I was so excited. The primer can be applied to almost any clean surface. I have gobs and gobs of watercolor paper and I don't plan on giving up on watercolor completely, but I wanted to use some of the paper up. So, I bought the Colourfix Primer and applied it to my watercolor paper (only the paper that was 140lb and heavier). It dried quite quickly, and it's amazing!! The surface is exactly like the Colourfix paper that you can buy. Let's face it, pastel paper can be quite expensive, especially if you paint a lot or depending on the pastel surface that you like. I bought a small container of the primer (in white) and I applied it to probably 35 pieces of watercolor paper and canvas (of various sizes) and I only used up half of the container. So if you think about it, it's much cheaper than buying sheets or pads of pastel paper. The primer comes in many different colors, including clear. Give it a try!

0 comments: