Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Custom Wedding Quilt & Update

I've been working on this custom quilt for the past couple days. My customer had the guests at her wedding write messages to her on fabric squares to later have made into a quilt. Isn't that a cool idea? There were a total of 143 five inch squares and it made a lap size quilt. What a treasured item this will be.
 
With the customers permission I may turn this into a custom item in my Etsy shop.
 
Now for an update... I know it's been a while since I've posted and it has been much longer since I've posted a painting. I planned on having some time to paint before starting on my master's, but it hasn't happened. I start graduate school on Monday and the only thing I've painted the past couple months were some abstract watercolor cards. I truly miss painting, but the line up of custom quilt orders has been almost never ending. Once I complete this custom quilt I will be caught up.
 
I can only imagine that I will be ridiculously busy with school once it starts again, and I have no idea how much time I'll have for either painting or quilting. I do intend to at least set aside as hour or two a day for painting/quilting but school has to be my priority. I'm not sure how frequently I will be blogging, but I hope you'll all stick around! I've appreciated all your support and kind comments over the past couple years. :)
 
God bless.

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Oh my goodness! All those little stitches. I can draw millions of little rocks and bricks for hours, but I don't think I could make those perfect little stitches to save my life. This is exquisite. It will be a beloved treasure for years!

Angela said...

Thanks Katherine! I hope you don't think I quilted this by hand. I used my long arm machine. I can achieve such more beautiful stitches with that than with my sewing machine. :)