Saturday, December 31, 2011

Contentment

"Contentment" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

I took a little break from quilting to paint yesterday. I finished up this little painting today. My final painting of 2011! I've never painted a pug before and it was fun. He's just so cute. It's also been about a month or so since I last painted and I felt very rusty. One of my goals for the new year is to better balance quilting and painting. Improving my painting skills is very important to me and I need to make it a bigger priority.


This painting will be available at the Stillwater Art Guild Gallery this next week.


I hope you have a wonderful New Year! Thanks for all your kind words of support and encouragement this year!

5 comments:

AK said...

Angela this Pug is fabulous. Great work.

Susan Roden said...

Pugs are so fun and yours is cute Angela!

Angela said...

Thank you both for your kind comments! :)

Freya Marshall said...

Great to find your blog. I love pugs! You have a new follower! :)

http://littlepaperbox.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Thanks Freya! I'm about to begin another Pug painting. :)