Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Dahlia

"Little Dahlia" 2 1/2 by 3 1/2, Watercolor Painting

After about a week and a half without painting I just had to do this little painting today. I have 1 week left of classes and my professors have been piling on the work. This week is going to be the worst with final projects due and exams. But after that I will have a 2 week break.

This mini painting was done on 140lb watercolor paper with Winsor & Newton paints. These mini paintings really have to be seen in person to be appreciated. Scanning or photographing just does not do them justice. For that reason I think I might start selling them in the gallery instead of on Etsy. But I will still share them. They also make great studies for larger paintings.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Good for you! There is always time for a creativity break! I like your flower!