Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Bleeding Heart

"My Bleeding Heart" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

Oh how I've missed painting! I completed this painting titled, "My Bleeding Heart," this afternoon. This was inspired by a photograph I took this Spring at a local park. I've been wanting to paint it for a long time, and today it was just calling out to me. It's done on pastelbord with soft pastel and pastel pencils, and is 5 by 7.

I am now officially on a break from school. For those of you who don't know, I'm currently in my 3rd year of college and working on a degree in law. I've spent the past two weeks working on final projects and studying for exams. I am so relieved to have that done and finally have some time to paint. I'm going to fit in as much painting as possible in these two weeks, but I'm not going to put any in my Etsy shop. I'm still deciding which paintings that I want to frame and put up in the gallery, so until I decide on that, I'm going to hold on to all my new paintings.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

5 comments:

AK said...

It is such a lovely painting. The colors are so peppy. Why call it a Bleeding heart?

Angela said...

Thank you! The flowers are called "Bleeding Hearts." :)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

This is just lovely. Bleeding heart was my grandmother's favorite flower, and I always think of her when I see it.

Anita Meade said...

Another stunning painting Angela. You have a wonderful way of illuminating your subject against the background. Well done.

Angela said...

Thank you Elizabeth and Anita, for your kind words :)